Statement of Faith
Anthem Classical Academy affirms unity in the essentials of orthodox Christianity. Anthem is an independent, board-governed school and is not directly affiliated with any church or denomination. We come from many different faith traditions, but we share the same Jesus. In the non-essentials we allow for liberty. Unity doesn’t mean we agree on everything. Rather, we put relationships and our spiritual family bond in Jesus above our differences. In all things we will love God and each other. With this in mind, Anthem Classical Academy holds the following Statement of Faith which will permeate all courses and levels of the institution:
• We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, given by divine inspiration, are the Word of God and the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct (Joshua 1:8; Hebrews 4:12-13; 2 Timothy 3:16; Revelations 22:18-19).
• We believe God reveals Himself as the living and true God who is infinite, eternal, unchangeable, and creator of all things. Perfect in love and righteous in all His ways, this one God is expressed as three co-equal persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Exodus 15:11; Psalm 90:1-2; Matthew 28:19-20).
• We believe God made man and woman in His image that we might enjoy His fellowship and fulfill His will. Being estranged from God by our disobedience, we are, as sinful people, incapable of a right relationship with God apart from divine grace. (Genesis 1:26-28; 3:1-7; Romans 3:23, 6:23; Ephesians 2:4-9).
• We believe God created human sexuality and marriage intentionally and for our good. The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments define marriage as a lifelong covenant between one man and one woman. All sexual activity outside the biblical marriage relationship, whether heterosexual, homosexual, or otherwise, is immoral and therefore sin. (Genesis 2:18-24; Matthew 19:4-9; Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-20).
• We believe the only mediator between God and all human beings is Jesus Christ our Lord, God’s eternal Son, who, as man, fully shared and fulfilled our humanity in a life of perfect obedience without sin (Isaiah 9:6; John 1:14; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:6-7).
• We believe by Jesus’s death in our place, He revealed the divine love and upheld divine justice, removing our guilt and reconciling us to God. Having risen bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, He rules as Lord over all and intercedes for us as our Great High Priest (Isaiah 53:5; Philippians 2:9-11; Colossians 2:13-15; Hebrews 4:14-16).
• We believe the Holy Spirit, through the proclamation of the gospel, renews our hearts, persuading us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Lord. By the same Spirit we are led to trust in divine mercy, whereby we are forgiven all our sins, justified by faith through the merit of Christ our Savior, adopted into God’s family as His children and enabled so to live in the world that all people may see our good works and the gospel of grace at work in our lives and glorify our Father who is in heaven. (Ezekiel 36:26-27; John 3:5, 14:16-17; Romans 8:14-15; Ephesians 5:18-21).
• We believe God, by His Word and Spirit, calls us as sinful people into the fellowship of Christ’s body. Thus He creates the one holy, universal, and apostolic church. This church is united in the bonds of love, endowed with the gifts of the Spirit and is summoned by Christ to preach the gospel, to administer the ordinances, to carry on the ministry of reconciliation, to relieve human need, and to strive for social justice. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 1:3-10; 4:4-6; 1 Peter 2:9).
• We believe God’s redemptive purpose will be consummated by the return of Christ to raise the dead, judge all people, and establish His glorious kingdom. Those who are apart from Christ shall be eternally separated from God’s presence, but the redeemed shall live and reign with Him forever (2 Samuel 7:13-16; John 14:1-3; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 21:3-4).
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell; on the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.